Dec 19, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres center Cody Hodgson suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return to Thursday’s game against the Boston Bruins.
The former Vancouver Canucks first-round pick (10th overall in 2008) has been one of the brightest players for Buffalo lately, but he’s been struggling. He only has one goal and three assists in his last 13 games including tonight’s contest. (Perhaps he misses Thomas Vanek?)
If you’re a Sabres fan looking for positives, perhaps this will give the team extra incentive to find out what they have in newly acquired forward Linus Omark?
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 5
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 27
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 8
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27