Dec 19, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
Zach Hamill has been placed on unconditional waivers by the Vancouver Canucks, according to the Vancouver Province.
The belief is that Hamill and the Canucks plan to terminate his one-year, two-way contract so that he can sign in Europe. He was set to earn $75,000 at the AHL level and there are likely more lucrative opportunities for him across the ocean.
At one time he was a dominant force with the WHL Everett Silvertips, which led to him being taken with the eighth selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins. San Jose claimed Logan Couture with the following pick.
Unfortunately, Hamill’s career never took off. He managed just four assists in 20 NHL games and hasn’t even played at that level since 2011-12.
He has three goals and nine points in 21 games with the Utica Comets in 2013-14.
- Mike Richards clears waivers 4
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 4
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)