Dec 19, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
Some excerpts from a press release about NBC’s coverage of the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia:
NBC will present coverage of the men’s and women’s ice hockey gold medal games live across all time zones;
— The women’s gold medal game airs on Thursday, Feb. 20 at Noon ET/9 am PT;
— The men’s gold medal game airs on Sunday, Feb. 23, with coverage beginning at 6:30 a.m. ET/3:30 a.m. PT;
LIVE MEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN will present 16 men’s live hockey games through the bronze-medal game, including qualifying, playoff, quarterfinal and semifinal games. Live men’s hockey medal-round coverage begins Tuesday, February 18 at 3 a.m. ET. The network will air three Team USA qualifying-round games, including Team USA vs. Russia on Saturday, February 15 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
LIVE WOMEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN’s women’s hockey coverage features seven live games through the semifinal round and the bronze medal game. Qualifying-round coverage is highlighted by three Team USA games, including Team USA vs. Canada on Wednesday, February 12 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
Click here for the men’s schedule. Notable games between medal contenders in the preliminary round include Czech Republic-Sweden, United States-Russia, and Finland-Canada.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25