Dec 19, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
Some excerpts from a press release about NBC’s coverage of the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia:
NBC will present coverage of the men’s and women’s ice hockey gold medal games live across all time zones;
— The women’s gold medal game airs on Thursday, Feb. 20 at Noon ET/9 am PT;
— The men’s gold medal game airs on Sunday, Feb. 23, with coverage beginning at 6:30 a.m. ET/3:30 a.m. PT;
LIVE MEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN will present 16 men’s live hockey games through the bronze-medal game, including qualifying, playoff, quarterfinal and semifinal games. Live men’s hockey medal-round coverage begins Tuesday, February 18 at 3 a.m. ET. The network will air three Team USA qualifying-round games, including Team USA vs. Russia on Saturday, February 15 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
LIVE WOMEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN’s women’s hockey coverage features seven live games through the semifinal round and the bronze medal game. Qualifying-round coverage is highlighted by three Team USA games, including Team USA vs. Canada on Wednesday, February 12 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
Click here for the men’s schedule. Notable games between medal contenders in the preliminary round include Czech Republic-Sweden, United States-Russia, and Finland-Canada.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20