Dec 19, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Some excerpts from a press release about NBC’s coverage of the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia:
NBC will present coverage of the men’s and women’s ice hockey gold medal games live across all time zones;
— The women’s gold medal game airs on Thursday, Feb. 20 at Noon ET/9 am PT;
— The men’s gold medal game airs on Sunday, Feb. 23, with coverage beginning at 6:30 a.m. ET/3:30 a.m. PT;
LIVE MEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN will present 16 men’s live hockey games through the bronze-medal game, including qualifying, playoff, quarterfinal and semifinal games. Live men’s hockey medal-round coverage begins Tuesday, February 18 at 3 a.m. ET. The network will air three Team USA qualifying-round games, including Team USA vs. Russia on Saturday, February 15 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
LIVE WOMEN’S HOCKEY
NBCSN’s women’s hockey coverage features seven live games through the semifinal round and the bronze medal game. Qualifying-round coverage is highlighted by three Team USA games, including Team USA vs. Canada on Wednesday, February 12 at 7:30 a.m. ET.
Click here for the men’s schedule. Notable games between medal contenders in the preliminary round include Czech Republic-Sweden, United States-Russia, and Finland-Canada.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11