Dec 19, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Earlier on Thursday, Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli insisted that he’s not looking to trade Brad Marchand. The potent pest showed why patience might be the key tonight, as he scored two goals, but it wasn’t enough as the Buffalo Sabres beat Boston 4-2.
Let’s take a look at Marchand’s duo of goals anyway, shall we?
First, he scored a shorthanded tally about two minutes into the second period:
A little more than a minute later, the 25-year-old gave Boston what would be a fleeting 2-1 lead:
The Bruins probably aren’t happy about losing to the lowest-ranked team in the East and NHL, but this pair of goals might just help Marchand turn things around (or at least mute his critics for a little while).
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31