Dec 19, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Earlier on Thursday, Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli insisted that he’s not looking to trade Brad Marchand. The potent pest showed why patience might be the key tonight, as he scored two goals, but it wasn’t enough as the Buffalo Sabres beat Boston 4-2.
Let’s take a look at Marchand’s duo of goals anyway, shall we?
First, he scored a shorthanded tally about two minutes into the second period:
A little more than a minute later, the 25-year-old gave Boston what would be a fleeting 2-1 lead:
The Bruins probably aren’t happy about losing to the lowest-ranked team in the East and NHL, but this pair of goals might just help Marchand turn things around (or at least mute his critics for a little while).
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6