Dec 19, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Earlier on Thursday, Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli insisted that he’s not looking to trade Brad Marchand. The potent pest showed why patience might be the key tonight, as he scored two goals, but it wasn’t enough as the Buffalo Sabres beat Boston 4-2.
Let’s take a look at Marchand’s duo of goals anyway, shall we?
First, he scored a shorthanded tally about two minutes into the second period:
A little more than a minute later, the 25-year-old gave Boston what would be a fleeting 2-1 lead:
The Bruins probably aren’t happy about losing to the lowest-ranked team in the East and NHL, but this pair of goals might just help Marchand turn things around (or at least mute his critics for a little while).
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2