Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Lindback starts against Preds
Anders Lindback will go for the Bolts tonight against the team that traded him to Tampa — the Nashville Predators.
Lindback, who has never faced the Preds, last played on Saturday and gave up three goals on 19 shots in a loss to the Devils. His numbers on the season aren’t good — 2-6-1, 3.12 GAA, .882 save percentage — but tonight represents a chance to get back on track, against a Nashville team that has issues scoring goals.
Speaking of the Preds, it’s expected Carter Hutton will get the start in goal.
McElhinney back from injury
Curtis McElhinney will return from a two-game absence (lower body) to take on the Flyers in Philadelphia tonight.
McElhinney, injured last week in a win over the Rangers, has been very good since taking Columbus’ No. 1 gig from the injured Sergei Bobrovsky. The 30-year-old has won three of four starts with a 2.12 GAA and .930 save percentage.
As for the Flyers, Steve Mason will be in goal.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51