Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Lindback starts against Preds
Anders Lindback will go for the Bolts tonight against the team that traded him to Tampa — the Nashville Predators.
Lindback, who has never faced the Preds, last played on Saturday and gave up three goals on 19 shots in a loss to the Devils. His numbers on the season aren’t good — 2-6-1, 3.12 GAA, .882 save percentage — but tonight represents a chance to get back on track, against a Nashville team that has issues scoring goals.
Speaking of the Preds, it’s expected Carter Hutton will get the start in goal.
McElhinney back from injury
Curtis McElhinney will return from a two-game absence (lower body) to take on the Flyers in Philadelphia tonight.
McElhinney, injured last week in a win over the Rangers, has been very good since taking Columbus’ No. 1 gig from the injured Sergei Bobrovsky. The 30-year-old has won three of four starts with a 2.12 GAA and .930 save percentage.
As for the Flyers, Steve Mason will be in goal.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)