Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Lindback starts against Preds
Anders Lindback will go for the Bolts tonight against the team that traded him to Tampa — the Nashville Predators.
Lindback, who has never faced the Preds, last played on Saturday and gave up three goals on 19 shots in a loss to the Devils. His numbers on the season aren’t good — 2-6-1, 3.12 GAA, .882 save percentage — but tonight represents a chance to get back on track, against a Nashville team that has issues scoring goals.
Speaking of the Preds, it’s expected Carter Hutton will get the start in goal.
McElhinney back from injury
Curtis McElhinney will return from a two-game absence (lower body) to take on the Flyers in Philadelphia tonight.
McElhinney, injured last week in a win over the Rangers, has been very good since taking Columbus’ No. 1 gig from the injured Sergei Bobrovsky. The 30-year-old has won three of four starts with a 2.12 GAA and .930 save percentage.
As for the Flyers, Steve Mason will be in goal.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)