Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Lindback starts against Preds
Anders Lindback will go for the Bolts tonight against the team that traded him to Tampa — the Nashville Predators.
Lindback, who has never faced the Preds, last played on Saturday and gave up three goals on 19 shots in a loss to the Devils. His numbers on the season aren’t good — 2-6-1, 3.12 GAA, .882 save percentage — but tonight represents a chance to get back on track, against a Nashville team that has issues scoring goals.
Speaking of the Preds, it’s expected Carter Hutton will get the start in goal.
McElhinney back from injury
Curtis McElhinney will return from a two-game absence (lower body) to take on the Flyers in Philadelphia tonight.
McElhinney, injured last week in a win over the Rangers, has been very good since taking Columbus’ No. 1 gig from the injured Sergei Bobrovsky. The 30-year-old has won three of four starts with a 2.12 GAA and .930 save percentage.
As for the Flyers, Steve Mason will be in goal.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)