Dec 19, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
The last time Edmonton and Colorado met, the Oilers handed the Avs their worst loss of the season — a 8-2 thumping in which the Oil poured it on at the end, scoring twice in the final 90 seconds.
In light of that, Dallas Eakins is preparing for more fight out of the Avs when they host his team at the Pepsi Center on Thursday.
“They’re going to be looking for redemption,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account. “We have to prevent them from doing that.”
Another guy to keep an eye on is Colorado head coach Patrick Roy. He was remarkably composed following the loss to the Oilers, saying “I’m not disappointed at all” and “we need to learn from it.” He also didn’t think much of leaving Varlamov in for all eight goals, as the Avs had a game the next night in Calgary with backup JS Giguere scheduled to start.
In fact, Roy doesn’t seem fired up for tonight’s “grudge match” much at all.
“It’s hard not to think about it, but it’s not something I’ve brought up,” he told Sportsnet’s Gene Principe. “I’m not worried about revenge.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)