Dec 19, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
The last time Edmonton and Colorado met, the Oilers handed the Avs their worst loss of the season — a 8-2 thumping in which the Oil poured it on at the end, scoring twice in the final 90 seconds.
In light of that, Dallas Eakins is preparing for more fight out of the Avs when they host his team at the Pepsi Center on Thursday.
“They’re going to be looking for redemption,” Eakins said, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account. “We have to prevent them from doing that.”
Another guy to keep an eye on is Colorado head coach Patrick Roy. He was remarkably composed following the loss to the Oilers, saying “I’m not disappointed at all” and “we need to learn from it.” He also didn’t think much of leaving Varlamov in for all eight goals, as the Avs had a game the next night in Calgary with backup JS Giguere scheduled to start.
In fact, Roy doesn’t seem fired up for tonight’s “grudge match” much at all.
“It’s hard not to think about it, but it’s not something I’ve brought up,” he told Sportsnet’s Gene Principe. “I’m not worried about revenge.”
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)