Dec 19, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Updated with video:
Update (12:35 a.m. ET): Sources including CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz report that Hertl won’t return.
Brown, 29, has delivered his fair share of controversial hits. He has one suspension (two games in April) on his record.
Hertl, 20, was helped to the Sharks dressing room following the collision. It’s unclear at this moment how serious this issue may be.
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 6
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 2