Dec 19, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have lost defenseman Zbynek Michalek indefinitely with a lower-body injury he sustained in the game Tuesday against the Montreal Canadiens.
According to the Coyotes, Michalek has left the team to see team medical staff for further evaluation.
Michalek has four assists in 24 games and a plus-10 rating that is tops among Phoenix defensemen.
In response to the above, Rostislav Klesla has been called up from AHL Portland as the Coyotes prepare to face the Maple Leafs tonight in Toronto.
It will be interesting to see how Phoenix fares without Michalek, a defensive defenseman who’s typically deployed against the opponent’s top players.
Here’s coach Dave Tippett addressing the media:
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 0
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 7
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)