Dec 19, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have lost defenseman Zbynek Michalek indefinitely with a lower-body injury he sustained in the game Tuesday against the Montreal Canadiens.
According to the Coyotes, Michalek has left the team to see team medical staff for further evaluation.
Michalek has four assists in 24 games and a plus-10 rating that is tops among Phoenix defensemen.
In response to the above, Rostislav Klesla has been called up from AHL Portland as the Coyotes prepare to face the Maple Leafs tonight in Toronto.
It will be interesting to see how Phoenix fares without Michalek, a defensive defenseman who’s typically deployed against the opponent’s top players.
Here’s coach Dave Tippett addressing the media:
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28