Dec 19, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have lost defenseman Zbynek Michalek indefinitely with a lower-body injury he sustained in the game Tuesday against the Montreal Canadiens.
According to the Coyotes, Michalek has left the team to see team medical staff for further evaluation.
Michalek has four assists in 24 games and a plus-10 rating that is tops among Phoenix defensemen.
In response to the above, Rostislav Klesla has been called up from AHL Portland as the Coyotes prepare to face the Maple Leafs tonight in Toronto.
It will be interesting to see how Phoenix fares without Michalek, a defensive defenseman who’s typically deployed against the opponent’s top players.
Here’s coach Dave Tippett addressing the media:
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 39
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 27
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)