Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Via Bruins play-by-play man Jack Edwards:
Yesterday, in case you missed it, Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli said he didn’t like what he saw from Brad Marchand on Saturday in Vancouver, where the 25-year-old Bruins’ forward mocked the Canucks by pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger.
Marchand’s antics also bothered his coach, Claude Julien.
Marchand is signed through 2015-16, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. With just five goals in 34 games, it’s not just his “antics” that have been criticized.
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons,” Chiarelli said yesterday. “He’s fought the puck a little bit, and he’s been at wits’ end a little bit. You can see he’s frustrated with the situation. I go back over his last six or seven games, and he’s getting his legs back and his hands back.
“It’s just about looking at it over an 82-game schedule, and figuring it out and being patient. Maybe he showed little signs of impatience in his game, but I think he’s coming around.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)