Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Via Bruins play-by-play man Jack Edwards:
Yesterday, in case you missed it, Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli said he didn’t like what he saw from Brad Marchand on Saturday in Vancouver, where the 25-year-old Bruins’ forward mocked the Canucks by pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger.
Marchand’s antics also bothered his coach, Claude Julien.
Marchand is signed through 2015-16, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. With just five goals in 34 games, it’s not just his “antics” that have been criticized.
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons,” Chiarelli said yesterday. “He’s fought the puck a little bit, and he’s been at wits’ end a little bit. You can see he’s frustrated with the situation. I go back over his last six or seven games, and he’s getting his legs back and his hands back.
“It’s just about looking at it over an 82-game schedule, and figuring it out and being patient. Maybe he showed little signs of impatience in his game, but I think he’s coming around.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)