Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Via Bruins play-by-play man Jack Edwards:
Yesterday, in case you missed it, Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli said he didn’t like what he saw from Brad Marchand on Saturday in Vancouver, where the 25-year-old Bruins’ forward mocked the Canucks by pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger.
Marchand’s antics also bothered his coach, Claude Julien.
Marchand is signed through 2015-16, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. With just five goals in 34 games, it’s not just his “antics” that have been criticized.
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons,” Chiarelli said yesterday. “He’s fought the puck a little bit, and he’s been at wits’ end a little bit. You can see he’s frustrated with the situation. I go back over his last six or seven games, and he’s getting his legs back and his hands back.
“It’s just about looking at it over an 82-game schedule, and figuring it out and being patient. Maybe he showed little signs of impatience in his game, but I think he’s coming around.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (56)