Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Via Bruins play-by-play man Jack Edwards:
Yesterday, in case you missed it, Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli said he didn’t like what he saw from Brad Marchand on Saturday in Vancouver, where the 25-year-old Bruins’ forward mocked the Canucks by pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger.
Marchand’s antics also bothered his coach, Claude Julien.
Marchand is signed through 2015-16, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. With just five goals in 34 games, it’s not just his “antics” that have been criticized.
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons,” Chiarelli said yesterday. “He’s fought the puck a little bit, and he’s been at wits’ end a little bit. You can see he’s frustrated with the situation. I go back over his last six or seven games, and he’s getting his legs back and his hands back.
“It’s just about looking at it over an 82-game schedule, and figuring it out and being patient. Maybe he showed little signs of impatience in his game, but I think he’s coming around.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)