Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Via Bruins play-by-play man Jack Edwards:
Yesterday, in case you missed it, Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli said he didn’t like what he saw from Brad Marchand on Saturday in Vancouver, where the 25-year-old Bruins’ forward mocked the Canucks by pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger.
Marchand’s antics also bothered his coach, Claude Julien.
Marchand is signed through 2015-16, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. With just five goals in 34 games, it’s not just his “antics” that have been criticized.
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons,” Chiarelli said yesterday. “He’s fought the puck a little bit, and he’s been at wits’ end a little bit. You can see he’s frustrated with the situation. I go back over his last six or seven games, and he’s getting his legs back and his hands back.
“It’s just about looking at it over an 82-game schedule, and figuring it out and being patient. Maybe he showed little signs of impatience in his game, but I think he’s coming around.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 8
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (116)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)