Dec 19, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning are finally starting to get healthy.
On Thursday, it was announced that defenseman Victor Hedman would return to the lineup when the Bolts host the Predators at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
Hedman, 23, has missed the last six games with a lower body injury, derailing what was shaping up to be a career campaign. The Swedish rearguard had six goals and 15 points through his first 28 games, tremendous output for a guy that had never scored more than five goals in a single season before, or posted more than 26 points.
Hedman was also averaging 21:20 TOI per game prior to getting hurt, second on the team to only Matt Carle (22:18).
As mentioned above, Tampa’s had injury issues all season long but can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hedman returns tonight, and Tom Pyatt — out since October with a broken collarbone — is expected to draw in Saturday against Carolina.
The Bolts also got good news over the weekend when Steven Stamkos returned to skate just one month after breaking his tibia.
- Mike Richards clears waivers 12
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 9
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)