Dec 18, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Win, loss, win, loss. It’s been the story of an inconsistent Ottawa Senators team these past two weeks or so.
The Senators, looking to follow up Monday’s 3-2 overtime win against the St. Louis Blues with another positive result, fell flat against the New Jersey Devils in a 5-2 road loss Wednesday evening.
Afterward, the Senators held a closed-door meeting, which included general manager Bryan Murray according to numerous reports.
The angst is growing in Canada’s national capital.
“That comes right from the top from every guy on the team. As an organization we’re all disappointed with our inability to string together some games and get any traction.”
The Senators made the playoffs last season, but will be in tough to repeat the feat by the end of the 2013-14 campaign.
They currently sit sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 14-16-6 record. A win against the Devils would’ve put them one point back of their provincial rivals, the Toronto Maple Leafs, for fifth in the division.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)