Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
There wasn’t much give between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers through two periods of Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game.
The two teams began the third deadlocked at one goal apiece. Chris Kunitz opened the scoring on the power play, putting home his 18th goal of the season. Sidney Crosby added an assist on the goal, which increases his lead over Patrick Kane atop the league in total points by two.
Carl Hagelin answered back for the Rangers just less than three minutes after Kunitz gave Pittsburgh the lead. Hagelin, using his speed, drove past the Penguins’ defenseman, then beat Marc-Andre Fleury with a move to the backhand.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)