Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
There wasn’t much give between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers through two periods of Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game.
The two teams began the third deadlocked at one goal apiece. Chris Kunitz opened the scoring on the power play, putting home his 18th goal of the season. Sidney Crosby added an assist on the goal, which increases his lead over Patrick Kane atop the league in total points by two.
Carl Hagelin answered back for the Rangers just less than three minutes after Kunitz gave Pittsburgh the lead. Hagelin, using his speed, drove past the Penguins’ defenseman, then beat Marc-Andre Fleury with a move to the backhand.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)