Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
There wasn’t much give between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers through two periods of Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game.
The two teams began the third deadlocked at one goal apiece. Chris Kunitz opened the scoring on the power play, putting home his 18th goal of the season. Sidney Crosby added an assist on the goal, which increases his lead over Patrick Kane atop the league in total points by two.
Carl Hagelin answered back for the Rangers just less than three minutes after Kunitz gave Pittsburgh the lead. Hagelin, using his speed, drove past the Penguins’ defenseman, then beat Marc-Andre Fleury with a move to the backhand.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17