Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
There wasn’t much give between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers through two periods of Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game.
The two teams began the third deadlocked at one goal apiece. Chris Kunitz opened the scoring on the power play, putting home his 18th goal of the season. Sidney Crosby added an assist on the goal, which increases his lead over Patrick Kane atop the league in total points by two.
Carl Hagelin answered back for the Rangers just less than three minutes after Kunitz gave Pittsburgh the lead. Hagelin, using his speed, drove past the Penguins’ defenseman, then beat Marc-Andre Fleury with a move to the backhand.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)