Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
There wasn’t much give between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers through two periods of Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game.
The two teams began the third deadlocked at one goal apiece. Chris Kunitz opened the scoring on the power play, putting home his 18th goal of the season. Sidney Crosby added an assist on the goal, which increases his lead over Patrick Kane atop the league in total points by two.
Carl Hagelin answered back for the Rangers just less than three minutes after Kunitz gave Pittsburgh the lead. Hagelin, using his speed, drove past the Penguins’ defenseman, then beat Marc-Andre Fleury with a move to the backhand.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)