Dec 18, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Kunitz was driving hard to the net and let go a backhand that Lundqvist made the save on. As Lundqvist covered up and slid to his left, he crossed into the path of Kunitz as he was skating in behind the net.
Lundqvist was sent sprawling and remained on the ice for a few minutes, getting attended to by a member of the Rangers’ training staff.
Kunitz received a goalie interference penalty, but the Rangers failed to capitalize on the four-on-three power play. New York eventually lost this game 4-3 in the shootout.
Updated: As per the Rangers’ official Twitter account, Lundqvist said afterward: “I have a stiff neck…I’m just happy it’s not worse than that.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 41
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 100
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (101)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)