Dec 18, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Kunitz was driving hard to the net and let go a backhand that Lundqvist made the save on. As Lundqvist covered up and slid to his left, he crossed into the path of Kunitz as he was skating in behind the net.
Lundqvist was sent sprawling and remained on the ice for a few minutes, getting attended to by a member of the Rangers’ training staff.
Kunitz received a goalie interference penalty, but the Rangers failed to capitalize on the four-on-three power play. New York eventually lost this game 4-3 in the shootout.
Updated: As per the Rangers’ official Twitter account, Lundqvist said afterward: “I have a stiff neck…I’m just happy it’s not worse than that.”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (147)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)