Dec 18, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT
Reid Boucher isn’t used to not scoring, so tonight must’ve come as a relief.
Boucher, the New Jersey rookie playing in his seventh career game, notched his first NHL goal on Wednesday to open the scoring against Ottawa:
As mentioned, Boucher knows a thing or two about scoring goals. In his final year of junior hockey, he broke Steve Stamkos‘ scoring record for OHL Sarnia by scoring 62 times — Stamkos had 58 during the 2007-08 campaign. Boucher also led AHL Albany in goals (10) at the time of his recall to New Jersey.
The Devils’ fourth-round pick (99th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Boucher made his NHL debut against Montreal on Dec. 4 and recorded his first NHL point — an assist — that same night.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)