Dec 18, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Methot, who sat out Monday’s 3-2 OT win over St. Louis with the flu, is back to full health and ready to rejoin the lineup. The only catch? Sens head coach Paul MacLean was pleased with how the team played against the Blues — rookie d-man Cody Ceci played 21 minutes and scored his first NHL goal in the extra session — so MacLean is prepared to employ the if-it-ain’t-broke-don’t-fix-it approach.
As such, the Sens will continue to roll with Ceci, Joe Corvo, Jared Cowen, Chris Phillips, Erik Karlsson and Patrick Wiercioch as their six defensemen tonight. Methot said he’s “okay” with the decision but, according to the Ottawa Sun, isn’t happy with this latest turn of events.
The 28-year-old rearguard was a vital contributor for Ottawa during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, scoring 11 points in 47 games while averaging 22:14 TOI per night. His steadying presence in the absence of Karlsson earned him high praise, enough to warrant an invite to Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp this summer.
Methot has two goals and five assists through 31 games this year, averaging 21:28 per.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 32
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)