Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Marchand was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, as seen here:
Marchand, 25, escaped punishment despite his history as a repeat offender. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 for clipping then-Canucks defenseman Sami Salo, and another two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Monahan was shaken up on the hit, but managed to play out the contest and finished with 14:51 TOI.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 7
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1