Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Marchand was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, as seen here:
Marchand, 25, escaped punishment despite his history as a repeat offender. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 for clipping then-Canucks defenseman Sami Salo, and another two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Monahan was shaken up on the hit, but managed to play out the contest and finished with 14:51 TOI.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20