Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 AM EST
Marchand was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, as seen here:
Marchand, 25, escaped punishment despite his history as a repeat offender. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 for clipping then-Canucks defenseman Sami Salo, and another two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Monahan was shaken up on the hit, but managed to play out the contest and finished with 14:51 TOI.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15