Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Marchand was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, as seen here:
Marchand, 25, escaped punishment despite his history as a repeat offender. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 for clipping then-Canucks defenseman Sami Salo, and another two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Monahan was shaken up on the hit, but managed to play out the contest and finished with 14:51 TOI.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22