Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Jean-Philippe Cote to a two-year contract and called the 31-year-old defenseman up from AHL Syracuse.
If the name rings a bell, you have a good memory. Cote played eight games for the Montreal Canadiens in 2005-06. Here’s what he’s been up to since, courtesy hockeyDB.com:
Of course, another reason his name may sound familiar is that he was the one who hit (video) former Hab Blake Geoffrion during an AHL game in November of 2012. Geoffrion was eventually forced to retire as a result of the head injury he suffered in the collision.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25