Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Jean-Philippe Cote to a two-year contract and called the 31-year-old defenseman up from AHL Syracuse.
If the name rings a bell, you have a good memory. Cote played eight games for the Montreal Canadiens in 2005-06. Here’s what he’s been up to since, courtesy hockeyDB.com:
Of course, another reason his name may sound familiar is that he was the one who hit (video) former Hab Blake Geoffrion during an AHL game in November of 2012. Geoffrion was eventually forced to retire as a result of the head injury he suffered in the collision.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5