Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Jean-Philippe Cote to a two-year contract and called the 31-year-old defenseman up from AHL Syracuse.
If the name rings a bell, you have a good memory. Cote played eight games for the Montreal Canadiens in 2005-06. Here’s what he’s been up to since, courtesy hockeyDB.com:
Of course, another reason his name may sound familiar is that he was the one who hit (video) former Hab Blake Geoffrion during an AHL game in November of 2012. Geoffrion was eventually forced to retire as a result of the head injury he suffered in the collision.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54