Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Jean-Philippe Cote to a two-year contract and called the 31-year-old defenseman up from AHL Syracuse.
If the name rings a bell, you have a good memory. Cote played eight games for the Montreal Canadiens in 2005-06. Here’s what he’s been up to since, courtesy hockeyDB.com:
Of course, another reason his name may sound familiar is that he was the one who hit (video) former Hab Blake Geoffrion during an AHL game in November of 2012. Geoffrion was eventually forced to retire as a result of the head injury he suffered in the collision.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 4
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 23
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24