Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Jean-Philippe Cote to a two-year contract and called the 31-year-old defenseman up from AHL Syracuse.
If the name rings a bell, you have a good memory. Cote played eight games for the Montreal Canadiens in 2005-06. Here’s what he’s been up to since, courtesy hockeyDB.com:
Of course, another reason his name may sound familiar is that he was the one who hit (video) former Hab Blake Geoffrion during an AHL game in November of 2012. Geoffrion was eventually forced to retire as a result of the head injury he suffered in the collision.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54