Dec 18, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
Wednesday was a good news, bad news sort of day regarding the health of Vincent Lecavalier.
Lecavalier, sidelined with a non-displaced fracture in his back, is progressing well in his injury rehab but doesn’t appear primed for an early return. Today, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said Lecavalier will be out for at least another 2-3 weeks, meaning his return to the lineup might not happen ’til around Jan. 8 — at which point he’d have missed 17 games with the injury.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with his heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
The former Tampa Bay captain has nine goals and 14 points in 22 games with the Flyers this season, but hasn’t played since injuring his back against Nashville on Nov. 30.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)