Dec 18, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
Chiarelli is, of course, referring to Marchand pretending to raise the Stanley Cup and kissing his ring finger Saturday in Vancouver.
Love or hate what he did (like the general manager, coach Claude Julien didn’t care for it), the Bruins were losing by multiple goals at the time Marchand was taunting the Canucks about 2011. On top of that, it’s not like the 25-year-old is enjoying a fantastic season, with just five goals in 34 games. That’s not great production considering he’s in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract.
That said, Marchand was one of the Bruins’ better forwards Saturday in Vancouver. It’s entirely possible a little animosity helps his game.
There are limits though.
“Sometimes his emotions get the better of him,” Julien said after the game, per the Canadian Press. “We work with him and we are going to continue to work with him. The perception it gives our organization is not what you want to see with those kind of things.”
Haggerty has more here.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)