Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit here from the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman in his weekly 30 Thoughts column:
Carolina Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford threw cold water on rumblings that Cam Ward might be the goalie he moves. Rutherford wouldn’t comment further, but it is believed he will work to move either Anton Khudobin or Justin Peters by this week’s trade freeze.
Both Khudobin and Peters are 27-year-old pending unrestricted free agents. Neither is waiver exempt, so trying to send one to the AHL would come with the risk of losing the player without compensation. Rutherford has already said he won’t do that.
The holiday trade freeze runs Dec. 19-26.
Possibility remains for Khudobin to do conditioning stint in Charlotte, Muller said. He has been medically cleared to play.—
Michael Smith (@MSmithCanes) December 17, 2013
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 11
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 85
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 34
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 16
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (85)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)