Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit here from the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman in his weekly 30 Thoughts column:
Carolina Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford threw cold water on rumblings that Cam Ward might be the goalie he moves. Rutherford wouldn’t comment further, but it is believed he will work to move either Anton Khudobin or Justin Peters by this week’s trade freeze.
Both Khudobin and Peters are 27-year-old pending unrestricted free agents. Neither is waiver exempt, so trying to send one to the AHL would come with the risk of losing the player without compensation. Rutherford has already said he won’t do that.
The holiday trade freeze runs Dec. 19-26.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)