Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit here from the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman in his weekly 30 Thoughts column:
Carolina Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford threw cold water on rumblings that Cam Ward might be the goalie he moves. Rutherford wouldn’t comment further, but it is believed he will work to move either Anton Khudobin or Justin Peters by this week’s trade freeze.
Both Khudobin and Peters are 27-year-old pending unrestricted free agents. Neither is waiver exempt, so trying to send one to the AHL would come with the risk of losing the player without compensation. Rutherford has already said he won’t do that.
The holiday trade freeze runs Dec. 19-26.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34