Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Hockey fans probably already came into Tuesday tired of pondering questionable hits, yet there are already at least three checks that could very well leave players in street clothes. The third came when Washington Capitals youngster Tom Wilson charged Philadelphia Flyers center Brayden Schenn.
Wilson, 19, received a game misconduct plus five-minute majors for fighting and charging on the play. Here’s video of the altercation:
Take a glance at a screen capture of the hit, too:
Surely Luke Schenn isn’t too pleased with Wilson’s treatment of his brother.
NBC’s Brian Engblom ranks among those who believe that the young winger deserves a suspension for that hit.
It was a wild second period overall, as the Flyers scored four times (including two on the power play to punish the Capitals for that major penalty) and Washington had two goals of its own.
No word yet on Schenn’s status.
More questionable hits from Tuesday:
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)