Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Hockey fans probably already came into Tuesday tired of pondering questionable hits, yet there are already at least three checks that could very well leave players in street clothes. The third came when Washington Capitals youngster Tom Wilson charged Philadelphia Flyers center Brayden Schenn.
Wilson, 19, received a game misconduct plus five-minute majors for fighting and charging on the play. Here’s video of the altercation:
Take a glance at a screen capture of the hit, too:
Surely Luke Schenn isn’t too pleased with Wilson’s treatment of his brother.
NBC’s Brian Engblom ranks among those who believe that the young winger deserves a suspension for that hit.
It was a wild second period overall, as the Flyers scored four times (including two on the power play to punish the Capitals for that major penalty) and Washington had two goals of its own.
No word yet on Schenn’s status.
More questionable hits from Tuesday:
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8