Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
Hockey fans probably already came into Tuesday tired of pondering questionable hits, yet there are already at least three checks that could very well leave players in street clothes. The third came when Washington Capitals youngster Tom Wilson charged Philadelphia Flyers center Brayden Schenn.
Wilson, 19, received a game misconduct plus five-minute majors for fighting and charging on the play. Here’s video of the altercation:
Take a glance at a screen capture of the hit, too:
Surely Luke Schenn isn’t too pleased with Wilson’s treatment of his brother.
NBC’s Brian Engblom ranks among those who believe that the young winger deserves a suspension for that hit.
It was a wild second period overall, as the Flyers scored four times (including two on the power play to punish the Capitals for that major penalty) and Washington had two goals of its own.
No word yet on Schenn’s status.
More questionable hits from Tuesday:
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 19
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 6
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 11
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4