Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Hockey fans probably already came into Tuesday tired of pondering questionable hits, yet there are already at least three checks that could very well leave players in street clothes. The third came when Washington Capitals youngster Tom Wilson charged Philadelphia Flyers center Brayden Schenn.
Wilson, 19, received a game misconduct plus five-minute majors for fighting and charging on the play. Here’s video of the altercation:
Take a glance at a screen capture of the hit, too:
Surely Luke Schenn isn’t too pleased with Wilson’s treatment of his brother.
NBC’s Brian Engblom ranks among those who believe that the young winger deserves a suspension for that hit.
It was a wild second period overall, as the Flyers scored four times (including two on the power play to punish the Capitals for that major penalty) and Washington had two goals of its own.
No word yet on Schenn’s status.
More questionable hits from Tuesday:
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)