Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Hockey fans probably already came into Tuesday tired of pondering questionable hits, yet there are already at least three checks that could very well leave players in street clothes. The third came when Washington Capitals youngster Tom Wilson charged Philadelphia Flyers center Brayden Schenn.
Wilson, 19, received a game misconduct plus five-minute majors for fighting and charging on the play. Here’s video of the altercation:
Take a glance at a screen capture of the hit, too:
Surely Luke Schenn isn’t too pleased with Wilson’s treatment of his brother.
NBC’s Brian Engblom ranks among those who believe that the young winger deserves a suspension for that hit.
It was a wild second period overall, as the Flyers scored four times (including two on the power play to punish the Capitals for that major penalty) and Washington had two goals of its own.
No word yet on Schenn’s status.
More questionable hits from Tuesday:
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)