Dec 17, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have been left shorthanded thanks largely to injuries, but Kyle Quincey opened the door to a possible suspension thanks to a hit from behind on Anaheim Ducks star Ryan Getzlaf on Tuesday.
Quincey received a five-minute major and game misconduct for boarding on this play:
The early word is that Getzlaf, 28, might shake this off. He was able to return after getting stitched up, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports.
Still, Getzlaf already fought off an upper-body injury this season, so there’s some concern even with a rapid return.
Quincey was suspended one game in April 2012, so that might not help the 28-year-old’s cause in avoiding a suspension. Getzlaf’s return might help, on the other hand.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 13
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)