Dec 17, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have been left shorthanded thanks largely to injuries, but Kyle Quincey opened the door to a possible suspension thanks to a hit from behind on Anaheim Ducks star Ryan Getzlaf on Tuesday.
Quincey received a five-minute major and game misconduct for boarding on this play:
The early word is that Getzlaf, 28, might shake this off. He was able to return after getting stitched up, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports.
Still, Getzlaf already fought off an upper-body injury this season, so there’s some concern even with a rapid return.
Quincey was suspended one game in April 2012, so that might not help the 28-year-old’s cause in avoiding a suspension. Getzlaf’s return might help, on the other hand.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)