Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 AM EST
Paul Stastny woke up Monday having gone nine games without a point.
He busted that slump in a big way, with a pair of goals and a four-point night to propel the Colorado Avalanche to a 6-2 victory over the visiting Dallas Stars.
In fact, it had been almost a full month since the last time he found the score sheet, but this latest funk was quickly left behind.
He scored twice in the second period – his first came as he re-directed a pass at the side of the Dallas net, his second was on a deflection in front of the net – then added a pair of helpers as the floodgates opened for the Avalanche.
For the Stars, defenseman Aaron Rome suffered a lower-body injury, playing only six shifts in the first period. Head coach Lindy Ruff said only that “he’s going to be out,” as per Mark Stepneski of the Dallas Stars’ website.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3