Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Paul Stastny woke up Monday having gone nine games without a point.
He busted that slump in a big way, with a pair of goals and a four-point night to propel the Colorado Avalanche to a 6-2 victory over the visiting Dallas Stars.
In fact, it had been almost a full month since the last time he found the score sheet, but this latest funk was quickly left behind.
He scored twice in the second period – his first came as he re-directed a pass at the side of the Dallas net, his second was on a deflection in front of the net – then added a pair of helpers as the floodgates opened for the Avalanche.
For the Stars, defenseman Aaron Rome suffered a lower-body injury, playing only six shifts in the first period. Head coach Lindy Ruff said only that “he’s going to be out,” as per Mark Stepneski of the Dallas Stars’ website.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)