Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Paul Stastny woke up Monday having gone nine games without a point.
He busted that slump in a big way, with a pair of goals and a four-point night to propel the Colorado Avalanche to a 6-2 victory over the visiting Dallas Stars.
In fact, it had been almost a full month since the last time he found the score sheet, but this latest funk was quickly left behind.
He scored twice in the second period – his first came as he re-directed a pass at the side of the Dallas net, his second was on a deflection in front of the net – then added a pair of helpers as the floodgates opened for the Avalanche.
For the Stars, defenseman Aaron Rome suffered a lower-body injury, playing only six shifts in the first period. Head coach Lindy Ruff said only that “he’s going to be out,” as per Mark Stepneski of the Dallas Stars’ website.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)