Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Paul Stastny woke up Monday having gone nine games without a point.
He busted that slump in a big way, with a pair of goals and a four-point night to propel the Colorado Avalanche to a 6-2 victory over the visiting Dallas Stars.
In fact, it had been almost a full month since the last time he found the score sheet, but this latest funk was quickly left behind.
He scored twice in the second period – his first came as he re-directed a pass at the side of the Dallas net, his second was on a deflection in front of the net – then added a pair of helpers as the floodgates opened for the Avalanche.
For the Stars, defenseman Aaron Rome suffered a lower-body injury, playing only six shifts in the first period. Head coach Lindy Ruff said only that “he’s going to be out,” as per Mark Stepneski of the Dallas Stars’ website.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)