Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
On Monday, the Dallas Stars announced that veteran forward Vernon Fiddler has been placed on IR with an upper-body injury, retroactive to Dec. 7.
In Fiddler’s place on the roster, Dallas has recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from AHL Texas.
Fiddler, 33, has two goals and eight points in 28 games for Dallas this season. The checking forward saw his name surface in trade rumors last month, but proceeded to play with regularity and received a season-high 18:21 TOI in a shootout loss to Edmonton on Dec. 1.
Gaunce, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL since appearing in 11 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring one goal while averaging close to 13 minutes per night. He has seven points in 28 games this year for Texas.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)