Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
On Monday, the Dallas Stars announced that veteran forward Vernon Fiddler has been placed on IR with an upper-body injury, retroactive to Dec. 7.
In Fiddler’s place on the roster, Dallas has recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from AHL Texas.
Fiddler, 33, has two goals and eight points in 28 games for Dallas this season. The checking forward saw his name surface in trade rumors last month, but proceeded to play with regularity and received a season-high 18:21 TOI in a shootout loss to Edmonton on Dec. 1.
Gaunce, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL since appearing in 11 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring one goal while averaging close to 13 minutes per night. He has seven points in 28 games this year for Texas.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)