Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
On Monday, the Dallas Stars announced that veteran forward Vernon Fiddler has been placed on IR with an upper-body injury, retroactive to Dec. 7.
In Fiddler’s place on the roster, Dallas has recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from AHL Texas.
Fiddler, 33, has two goals and eight points in 28 games for Dallas this season. The checking forward saw his name surface in trade rumors last month, but proceeded to play with regularity and received a season-high 18:21 TOI in a shootout loss to Edmonton on Dec. 1.
Gaunce, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL since appearing in 11 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring one goal while averaging close to 13 minutes per night. He has seven points in 28 games this year for Texas.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)