Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
On Monday, the Dallas Stars announced that veteran forward Vernon Fiddler has been placed on IR with an upper-body injury, retroactive to Dec. 7.
In Fiddler’s place on the roster, Dallas has recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from AHL Texas.
Fiddler, 33, has two goals and eight points in 28 games for Dallas this season. The checking forward saw his name surface in trade rumors last month, but proceeded to play with regularity and received a season-high 18:21 TOI in a shootout loss to Edmonton on Dec. 1.
Gaunce, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL since appearing in 11 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring one goal while averaging close to 13 minutes per night. He has seven points in 28 games this year for Texas.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)