Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
On Monday, the Dallas Stars announced that veteran forward Vernon Fiddler has been placed on IR with an upper-body injury, retroactive to Dec. 7.
In Fiddler’s place on the roster, Dallas has recalled defenseman Cameron Gaunce from AHL Texas.
Fiddler, 33, has two goals and eight points in 28 games for Dallas this season. The checking forward saw his name surface in trade rumors last month, but proceeded to play with regularity and received a season-high 18:21 TOI in a shootout loss to Edmonton on Dec. 1.
Gaunce, 23, hasn’t played in the NHL since appearing in 11 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring one goal while averaging close to 13 minutes per night. He has seven points in 28 games this year for Texas.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)