Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Add two more forwards to the St. Louis Blues’ injured list for Tuesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, as Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka join David Backes on the mend.
Schwartz, 21, stands as another significant loss. He’s tied for sixth in team scoring with Kevin Shattenkirk with 22 points and draws the occasional rave review from head coach Ken Hitchcock.
Sobotka, 26, has almost a point every other game with 15 in 31 this season. That’s only four points short of what he generated in 48 contests last season.
The Blues are hoping to avoid a season sweep against the Sharks tonight, which doesn’t sound like an easy task with three noteworthy forwards out of the lineup.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (65)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)