Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Add two more forwards to the St. Louis Blues’ injured list for Tuesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, as Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka join David Backes on the mend.
Schwartz, 21, stands as another significant loss. He’s tied for sixth in team scoring with Kevin Shattenkirk with 22 points and draws the occasional rave review from head coach Ken Hitchcock.
Sobotka, 26, has almost a point every other game with 15 in 31 this season. That’s only four points short of what he generated in 48 contests last season.
The Blues are hoping to avoid a season sweep against the Sharks tonight, which doesn’t sound like an easy task with three noteworthy forwards out of the lineup.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5