Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Add two more forwards to the St. Louis Blues’ injured list for Tuesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, as Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka join David Backes on the mend.
Schwartz, 21, stands as another significant loss. He’s tied for sixth in team scoring with Kevin Shattenkirk with 22 points and draws the occasional rave review from head coach Ken Hitchcock.
Sobotka, 26, has almost a point every other game with 15 in 31 this season. That’s only four points short of what he generated in 48 contests last season.
The Blues are hoping to avoid a season sweep against the Sharks tonight, which doesn’t sound like an easy task with three noteworthy forwards out of the lineup.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2