Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Add two more forwards to the St. Louis Blues’ injured list for Tuesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, as Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka join David Backes on the mend.
Schwartz, 21, stands as another significant loss. He’s tied for sixth in team scoring with Kevin Shattenkirk with 22 points and draws the occasional rave review from head coach Ken Hitchcock.
Sobotka, 26, has almost a point every other game with 15 in 31 this season. That’s only four points short of what he generated in 48 contests last season.
The Blues are hoping to avoid a season sweep against the Sharks tonight, which doesn’t sound like an easy task with three noteworthy forwards out of the lineup.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)