Dec 17, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Add two more forwards to the St. Louis Blues’ injured list for Tuesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, as Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Sobotka join David Backes on the mend.
Schwartz, 21, stands as another significant loss. He’s tied for sixth in team scoring with Kevin Shattenkirk with 22 points and draws the occasional rave review from head coach Ken Hitchcock.
Sobotka, 26, has almost a point every other game with 15 in 31 this season. That’s only four points short of what he generated in 48 contests last season.
The Blues are hoping to avoid a season sweep against the Sharks tonight, which doesn’t sound like an easy task with three noteworthy forwards out of the lineup.
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 23
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 35
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)