Dec 17, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The surprising and curious resignation of Dan Church as head coach of the Canadian women’s hockey team less than two months before the Winter Olympics will apparently mean a trip to Sochi, Russia, for ex-Panthers coach Kevin Dineen.
Update: It’s official.
Canada and the United States are the co-favorites to win gold in women’s hockey. The Canadian women have won gold at the last three Olympics.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12