Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand didn’t exactly delight his own team with his championship taunts toward the Vancouver Canucks last weekend. Now the Boston Bruins pest might be at risk of drawing the league’s ire, too.
Marchand received a two-minute boarding penalty on Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan on Tuesday, but some believe that he could also receive supplemental discipline.
Video of that infraction isn’t available just yet, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that a fine or suspension could be coming.
Brad Marchand saw numbers & hit Sean Monahan from behind into boards w/ forearm shove. Given his history, I’d imagine he’ll hear from league
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) December 18, 2013
Marchand, 25, does indeed have a significant history for a young forward. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 and two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Deep down, Marchand’s own franchise might actually believe that the struggling forward could use a little time to collect his thoughts. It remains to be seen if that happens.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62