Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand didn’t exactly delight his own team with his championship taunts toward the Vancouver Canucks last weekend. Now the Boston Bruins pest might be at risk of drawing the league’s ire, too.
Marchand received a two-minute boarding penalty on Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan on Tuesday, but some believe that he could also receive supplemental discipline.
Video of that infraction isn’t available just yet, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that a fine or suspension could be coming.
Brad Marchand saw numbers & hit Sean Monahan from behind into boards w/ forearm shove. Given his history, I’d imagine he’ll hear from league
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) December 18, 2013
Marchand, 25, does indeed have a significant history for a young forward. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 and two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Deep down, Marchand’s own franchise might actually believe that the struggling forward could use a little time to collect his thoughts. It remains to be seen if that happens.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2