Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand didn’t exactly delight his own team with his championship taunts toward the Vancouver Canucks last weekend. Now the Boston Bruins pest might be at risk of drawing the league’s ire, too.
Marchand received a two-minute boarding penalty on Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan on Tuesday, but some believe that he could also receive supplemental discipline.
Video of that infraction isn’t available just yet, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that a fine or suspension could be coming.
Brad Marchand saw numbers & hit Sean Monahan from behind into boards w/ forearm shove. Given his history, I’d imagine he’ll hear from league
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) December 18, 2013
Marchand, 25, does indeed have a significant history for a young forward. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 and two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Deep down, Marchand’s own franchise might actually believe that the struggling forward could use a little time to collect his thoughts. It remains to be seen if that happens.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21