Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
Brad Marchand didn’t exactly delight his own team with his championship taunts toward the Vancouver Canucks last weekend. Now the Boston Bruins pest might be at risk of drawing the league’s ire, too.
Marchand received a two-minute boarding penalty on Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan on Tuesday, but some believe that he could also receive supplemental discipline.
Video of that infraction isn’t available just yet, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that a fine or suspension could be coming.
Brad Marchand saw numbers & hit Sean Monahan from behind into boards w/ forearm shove. Given his history, I’d imagine he’ll hear from league
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) December 18, 2013
Marchand, 25, does indeed have a significant history for a young forward. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 and two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Deep down, Marchand’s own franchise might actually believe that the struggling forward could use a little time to collect his thoughts. It remains to be seen if that happens.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 0
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)