Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand didn’t exactly delight his own team with his championship taunts toward the Vancouver Canucks last weekend. Now the Boston Bruins pest might be at risk of drawing the league’s ire, too.
Marchand received a two-minute boarding penalty on Calgary Flames rookie Sean Monahan on Tuesday, but some believe that he could also receive supplemental discipline.
Video of that infraction isn’t available just yet, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that a fine or suspension could be coming.
Brad Marchand saw numbers & hit Sean Monahan from behind into boards w/ forearm shove. Given his history, I’d imagine he’ll hear from league
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) December 18, 2013
Marchand, 25, does indeed have a significant history for a young forward. He was suspended for five games in early 2012 and two games in March 2011 for different infractions.
Deep down, Marchand’s own franchise might actually believe that the struggling forward could use a little time to collect his thoughts. It remains to be seen if that happens.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)