Dec 17, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Eric O’Dell — their leading scorer with AHL St. John’s — the club announced on Tuesday.
O’Dell, 23, has been close to a point-a-game producer in the American League for the last two seasons. He scored 29 goals and 55 points in 59 games last year, and has 12 goals and 29 points through 28 games this season.
Anaheim’s second-round pick (39th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, O’Dell has yet to make his NHL debut despite his steady success in the minors. He currently sits fifth in the AHL in scoring, four back of Bridgeport’s Ryan Strome (who is now plying his trade for the Islanders.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5