Dec 17, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Eric O’Dell — their leading scorer with AHL St. John’s — the club announced on Tuesday.
O’Dell, 23, has been close to a point-a-game producer in the American League for the last two seasons. He scored 29 goals and 55 points in 59 games last year, and has 12 goals and 29 points through 28 games this season.
Anaheim’s second-round pick (39th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, O’Dell has yet to make his NHL debut despite his steady success in the minors. He currently sits fifth in the AHL in scoring, four back of Bridgeport’s Ryan Strome (who is now plying his trade for the Islanders.)
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 4
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7