Dec 17, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Eric O’Dell — their leading scorer with AHL St. John’s — the club announced on Tuesday.
O’Dell, 23, has been close to a point-a-game producer in the American League for the last two seasons. He scored 29 goals and 55 points in 59 games last year, and has 12 goals and 29 points through 28 games this season.
Anaheim’s second-round pick (39th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, O’Dell has yet to make his NHL debut despite his steady success in the minors. He currently sits fifth in the AHL in scoring, four back of Bridgeport’s Ryan Strome (who is now plying his trade for the Islanders.)
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11