Dec 17, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
When a team makes a breakthrough, people will occasionally say that a squad is “ready for primetime.” As it turns out, the Florida Panthers might just be too hot for basic cable.
The Panthers beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 3-1 on Tuesday, helping them generate a truly unusual run of great play while HBO’s cameras have been around filming 24/7. The team’s Twitter feed made the most of such successes:
Cats end their run on HBO undefeated at 3-0, a mark that is even better than Kenny Powers’ relief record. Now EastBound and Down to Ottawa.
— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) December 18, 2013
The Panthers are now on a four-game winning streak and have won six of their last seven games, so teams should take them seriously going forward.
“We simply got embarrassed,” Raymond said.
“We tried to play shinny against an NHL hockey club,” Carlyle said.
It will be a while before Trevor Smith can help Toronto shake out of its stupor, as Carlyle told Whyno that he broke a bone in his hand.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 4
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 53
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)