Dec 17, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
When a team makes a breakthrough, people will occasionally say that a squad is “ready for primetime.” As it turns out, the Florida Panthers might just be too hot for basic cable.
The Panthers beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 3-1 on Tuesday, helping them generate a truly unusual run of great play while HBO’s cameras have been around filming 24/7. The team’s Twitter feed made the most of such successes:
Cats end their run on HBO undefeated at 3-0, a mark that is even better than Kenny Powers’ relief record. Now EastBound and Down to Ottawa.
— Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) December 18, 2013
The Panthers are now on a four-game winning streak and have won six of their last seven games, so teams should take them seriously going forward.
“We simply got embarrassed,” Raymond said.
“We tried to play shinny against an NHL hockey club,” Carlyle said.
It will be a while before Trevor Smith can help Toronto shake out of its stupor, as Carlyle told Whyno that he broke a bone in his hand.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)