Dec 17, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Columbus received more bad news on the injury front Tuesday, as the club announced forward Jared Boll would miss the next 3-4 months recovering from surgery to fix a torn ankle tendon.
“Our initial hope was that Jared would be able to return to the lineup with rest and rehabilitation, but it became apparent over the past few days that surgery was the best course of action,” Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen said in a statement. “We’re disappointed for Jared as he has worked very hard and is an important part of our team, but we expect him to make a full recovery and hopefully return to the lineup later this season.”
Boll, 27, has played in 21 games this year after missing time with upper-body and foot injuries. The club’s resident tough guy has spent his entire six-year career with the Jackets and entered this season sitting fourth on the franchise’s all-time games played list (388).
In September, the Jackets re-signed Boll to a three-year, $5.1 million deal.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest injury to hit the Jackets. The club already has Sergei Bobrovsky, Marian Gaborik, James Wisniewski and Nathan Horton on injured reserve, and lost the services of Dalton Prout and Derek MacKenzie during Monday’s loss to Winnipeg.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)