Dec 17, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Columbus received more bad news on the injury front Tuesday, as the club announced forward Jared Boll would miss the next 3-4 months recovering from surgery to fix a torn ankle tendon.
“Our initial hope was that Jared would be able to return to the lineup with rest and rehabilitation, but it became apparent over the past few days that surgery was the best course of action,” Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen said in a statement. “We’re disappointed for Jared as he has worked very hard and is an important part of our team, but we expect him to make a full recovery and hopefully return to the lineup later this season.”
Boll, 27, has played in 21 games this year after missing time with upper-body and foot injuries. The club’s resident tough guy has spent his entire six-year career with the Jackets and entered this season sitting fourth on the franchise’s all-time games played list (388).
In September, the Jackets re-signed Boll to a three-year, $5.1 million deal.
As mentioned above, this is just the latest injury to hit the Jackets. The club already has Sergei Bobrovsky, Marian Gaborik, James Wisniewski and Nathan Horton on injured reserve, and lost the services of Dalton Prout and Derek MacKenzie during Monday’s loss to Winnipeg.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 6
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 6
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 37
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)