Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski will miss his second consecutive game for Washington on Tuesday with the flu, so the Caps have recalled journeyman Casey Wellman from AHL Hershey.
Grabovski sat out Sunday’s wild 5-4 shootout win over the Flyers at Verizon, and didn’t travel with the team to Philly for the second part of the home-and-home. That paved the way for Wellman, who has been solid for the Bears this season while scoring seven goals and 13 points in 23 games.
It remains to be seen what the rest of Washington’s lineup will look like. Rookie Michael Latta suffered a lower-body injury on Sunday and isn’t likely to suit up tonight.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35