Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski will miss his second consecutive game for Washington on Tuesday with the flu, so the Caps have recalled journeyman Casey Wellman from AHL Hershey.
Grabovski sat out Sunday’s wild 5-4 shootout win over the Flyers at Verizon, and didn’t travel with the team to Philly for the second part of the home-and-home. That paved the way for Wellman, who has been solid for the Bears this season while scoring seven goals and 13 points in 23 games.
It remains to be seen what the rest of Washington’s lineup will look like. Rookie Michael Latta suffered a lower-body injury on Sunday and isn’t likely to suit up tonight.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)