Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Mikhail Grabovski will miss his second consecutive game for Washington on Tuesday with the flu, so the Caps have recalled journeyman Casey Wellman from AHL Hershey.
Grabovski sat out Sunday’s wild 5-4 shootout win over the Flyers at Verizon, and didn’t travel with the team to Philly for the second part of the home-and-home. That paved the way for Wellman, who has been solid for the Bears this season while scoring seven goals and 13 points in 23 games.
It remains to be seen what the rest of Washington’s lineup will look like. Rookie Michael Latta suffered a lower-body injury on Sunday and isn’t likely to suit up tonight.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)