Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Mikhail Grabovski will miss his second consecutive game for Washington on Tuesday with the flu, so the Caps have recalled journeyman Casey Wellman from AHL Hershey.
Grabovski sat out Sunday’s wild 5-4 shootout win over the Flyers at Verizon, and didn’t travel with the team to Philly for the second part of the home-and-home. That paved the way for Wellman, who has been solid for the Bears this season while scoring seven goals and 13 points in 23 games.
It remains to be seen what the rest of Washington’s lineup will look like. Rookie Michael Latta suffered a lower-body injury on Sunday and isn’t likely to suit up tonight.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)