Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Mikhail Grabovski will miss his second consecutive game for Washington on Tuesday with the flu, so the Caps have recalled journeyman Casey Wellman from AHL Hershey.
Grabovski sat out Sunday’s wild 5-4 shootout win over the Flyers at Verizon, and didn’t travel with the team to Philly for the second part of the home-and-home. That paved the way for Wellman, who has been solid for the Bears this season while scoring seven goals and 13 points in 23 games.
It remains to be seen what the rest of Washington’s lineup will look like. Rookie Michael Latta suffered a lower-body injury on Sunday and isn’t likely to suit up tonight.
- Mike Richards clears waivers 12
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 9
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)