Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
After losing two games to the Washington Capitals by a combined score of 12-2, the Philadelphia Flyers got some revenge on Tuesday, winning 5-2.
Braden’s brother Luke Schenn didn’t deny that it was a little different seeing his sibling take a big hit, as the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports.
“It’s tough to see anyone get hit like that, when it’s your brother, it hits pretty hard. I was pretty rattled,” Luke Schenn said. ” … Helpless is exactly the way I felt. There’s absolutely nothing you can do but hope that he’s going to be OK.”
(As usual, the team on the other side is standing up for its player, as Capitals players and front office members don’t even think Wilson deserved a penalty.)
On the bright side, Flyers head coach Craig Berube’s early assessment is that the Flyers forward will be OK. That can obviously change over the next few days, though.
Regardless, Philly won this round in what’s becoming an increasingly contentious divisional rivalry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the squeamish), the two teams won’t play again until March 2, though.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)