Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
After losing two games to the Washington Capitals by a combined score of 12-2, the Philadelphia Flyers got some revenge on Tuesday, winning 5-2.
Braden’s brother Luke Schenn didn’t deny that it was a little different seeing his sibling take a big hit, as the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports.
“It’s tough to see anyone get hit like that, when it’s your brother, it hits pretty hard. I was pretty rattled,” Luke Schenn said. ” … Helpless is exactly the way I felt. There’s absolutely nothing you can do but hope that he’s going to be OK.”
(As usual, the team on the other side is standing up for its player, as Capitals players and front office members don’t even think Wilson deserved a penalty.)
On the bright side, Flyers head coach Craig Berube’s early assessment is that the Flyers forward will be OK. That can obviously change over the next few days, though.
Regardless, Philly won this round in what’s becoming an increasingly contentious divisional rivalry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the squeamish), the two teams won’t play again until March 2, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 3
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 5
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)