Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
After losing two games to the Washington Capitals by a combined score of 12-2, the Philadelphia Flyers got some revenge on Tuesday, winning 5-2.
Braden’s brother Luke Schenn didn’t deny that it was a little different seeing his sibling take a big hit, as the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports.
“It’s tough to see anyone get hit like that, when it’s your brother, it hits pretty hard. I was pretty rattled,” Luke Schenn said. ” … Helpless is exactly the way I felt. There’s absolutely nothing you can do but hope that he’s going to be OK.”
(As usual, the team on the other side is standing up for its player, as Capitals players and front office members don’t even think Wilson deserved a penalty.)
On the bright side, Flyers head coach Craig Berube’s early assessment is that the Flyers forward will be OK. That can obviously change over the next few days, though.
Regardless, Philly won this round in what’s becoming an increasingly contentious divisional rivalry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the squeamish), the two teams won’t play again until March 2, though.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)