Dec 17, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
After losing two games to the Washington Capitals by a combined score of 12-2, the Philadelphia Flyers got some revenge on Tuesday, winning 5-2.
Braden’s brother Luke Schenn didn’t deny that it was a little different seeing his sibling take a big hit, as the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli reports.
“It’s tough to see anyone get hit like that, when it’s your brother, it hits pretty hard. I was pretty rattled,” Luke Schenn said. ” … Helpless is exactly the way I felt. There’s absolutely nothing you can do but hope that he’s going to be OK.”
(As usual, the team on the other side is standing up for its player, as Capitals players and front office members don’t even think Wilson deserved a penalty.)
On the bright side, Flyers head coach Craig Berube’s early assessment is that the Flyers forward will be OK. That can obviously change over the next few days, though.
Regardless, Philly won this round in what’s becoming an increasingly contentious divisional rivalry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the squeamish), the two teams won’t play again until March 2, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 19
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 44
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)