Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings entered Tuesday’s game as two teams on very different paths. That didn’t change tonight, either, as the Ducks won 5-2.
This gives the Ducks six wins in a row while the Red Wings have lost six in a row.
While noteworthy forwards like Corey Perry (one goal) and Saku Koivu (one goal, one assist) made their presences felt, the Ducks enjoyed depth contributions, most interestingly with Andrew Cogliano collecting three assists. After a rocky start to this season, Jonas Hiller has won five games in a row.
The misery just seems to accumulate for the Red Wings. Jonas Gustavsson has been one of the team’s most pleasant surprises this season, yet that might begin to change, as “The Monster” allowed three goals on 11 shots in getting the loss. (Petr Mrazek played most of tonight’s game.)
Maple Leafs and Red Wings fans probably aren’t happy right now but … hey, at least the second episode of 24/7 could be awfully juicy, eh? Eh?
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)