Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings entered Tuesday’s game as two teams on very different paths. That didn’t change tonight, either, as the Ducks won 5-2.
This gives the Ducks six wins in a row while the Red Wings have lost six in a row.
While noteworthy forwards like Corey Perry (one goal) and Saku Koivu (one goal, one assist) made their presences felt, the Ducks enjoyed depth contributions, most interestingly with Andrew Cogliano collecting three assists. After a rocky start to this season, Jonas Hiller has won five games in a row.
The misery just seems to accumulate for the Red Wings. Jonas Gustavsson has been one of the team’s most pleasant surprises this season, yet that might begin to change, as “The Monster” allowed three goals on 11 shots in getting the loss. (Petr Mrazek played most of tonight’s game.)
Maple Leafs and Red Wings fans probably aren’t happy right now but … hey, at least the second episode of 24/7 could be awfully juicy, eh? Eh?
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)