Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings entered Tuesday’s game as two teams on very different paths. That didn’t change tonight, either, as the Ducks won 5-2.
This gives the Ducks six wins in a row while the Red Wings have lost six in a row.
While noteworthy forwards like Corey Perry (one goal) and Saku Koivu (one goal, one assist) made their presences felt, the Ducks enjoyed depth contributions, most interestingly with Andrew Cogliano collecting three assists. After a rocky start to this season, Jonas Hiller has won five games in a row.
The misery just seems to accumulate for the Red Wings. Jonas Gustavsson has been one of the team’s most pleasant surprises this season, yet that might begin to change, as “The Monster” allowed three goals on 11 shots in getting the loss. (Petr Mrazek played most of tonight’s game.)
Maple Leafs and Red Wings fans probably aren’t happy right now but … hey, at least the second episode of 24/7 could be awfully juicy, eh? Eh?
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 0
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)