Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings entered Tuesday’s game as two teams on very different paths. That didn’t change tonight, either, as the Ducks won 5-2.
This gives the Ducks six wins in a row while the Red Wings have lost six in a row.
While noteworthy forwards like Corey Perry (one goal) and Saku Koivu (one goal, one assist) made their presences felt, the Ducks enjoyed depth contributions, most interestingly with Andrew Cogliano collecting three assists. After a rocky start to this season, Jonas Hiller has won five games in a row.
The misery just seems to accumulate for the Red Wings. Jonas Gustavsson has been one of the team’s most pleasant surprises this season, yet that might begin to change, as “The Monster” allowed three goals on 11 shots in getting the loss. (Petr Mrazek played most of tonight’s game.)
Maple Leafs and Red Wings fans probably aren’t happy right now but … hey, at least the second episode of 24/7 could be awfully juicy, eh? Eh?
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 115
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)