Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings entered Tuesday’s game as two teams on very different paths. That didn’t change tonight, either, as the Ducks won 5-2.
This gives the Ducks six wins in a row while the Red Wings have lost six in a row.
While noteworthy forwards like Corey Perry (one goal) and Saku Koivu (one goal, one assist) made their presences felt, the Ducks enjoyed depth contributions, most interestingly with Andrew Cogliano collecting three assists. After a rocky start to this season, Jonas Hiller has won five games in a row.
The misery just seems to accumulate for the Red Wings. Jonas Gustavsson has been one of the team’s most pleasant surprises this season, yet that might begin to change, as “The Monster” allowed three goals on 11 shots in getting the loss. (Petr Mrazek played most of tonight’s game.)
Maple Leafs and Red Wings fans probably aren’t happy right now but … hey, at least the second episode of 24/7 could be awfully juicy, eh? Eh?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 0
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)