Dec 17, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Of the two coming up, Porter has the far more extensive resume. The 27-year-old is a veteran of over 200 career NHL contests and has made nine appearances for the Sabres this year, going pointless with a minus-6 rating while averaging 12:23 per night.
Ruhwedel, 23, hasn’t played for the Sabres this year after making his debut in 2013, appearing in seven games.
As for the three going down, Pysyk is probably the most notable. He’s appeared in 31 of 33 games this year and was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game. That said, he only had four points and was minus-11, and is still just 22 years old — so perhaps some grooming at the AHL level is in order.
McNabb has only seen action in five games for the Sabres this season while Adam has played in nine, scoring one goal. Both have fared very well for the Amerks this season, though, as McNabb has 15 points in 16 games while Adam has 18 in 15.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)