Dec 17, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Of the two coming up, Porter has the far more extensive resume. The 27-year-old is a veteran of over 200 career NHL contests and has made nine appearances for the Sabres this year, going pointless with a minus-6 rating while averaging 12:23 per night.
Ruhwedel, 23, hasn’t played for the Sabres this year after making his debut in 2013, appearing in seven games.
As for the three going down, Pysyk is probably the most notable. He’s appeared in 31 of 33 games this year and was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game. That said, he only had four points and was minus-11, and is still just 22 years old — so perhaps some grooming at the AHL level is in order.
McNabb has only seen action in five games for the Sabres this season while Adam has played in nine, scoring one goal. Both have fared very well for the Amerks this season, though, as McNabb has 15 points in 16 games while Adam has 18 in 15.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)