Dec 17, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Of the two coming up, Porter has the far more extensive resume. The 27-year-old is a veteran of over 200 career NHL contests and has made nine appearances for the Sabres this year, going pointless with a minus-6 rating while averaging 12:23 per night.
Ruhwedel, 23, hasn’t played for the Sabres this year after making his debut in 2013, appearing in seven games.
As for the three going down, Pysyk is probably the most notable. He’s appeared in 31 of 33 games this year and was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game. That said, he only had four points and was minus-11, and is still just 22 years old — so perhaps some grooming at the AHL level is in order.
McNabb has only seen action in five games for the Sabres this season while Adam has played in nine, scoring one goal. Both have fared very well for the Amerks this season, though, as McNabb has 15 points in 16 games while Adam has 18 in 15.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 14
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)