Dec 17, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Of the two coming up, Porter has the far more extensive resume. The 27-year-old is a veteran of over 200 career NHL contests and has made nine appearances for the Sabres this year, going pointless with a minus-6 rating while averaging 12:23 per night.
Ruhwedel, 23, hasn’t played for the Sabres this year after making his debut in 2013, appearing in seven games.
As for the three going down, Pysyk is probably the most notable. He’s appeared in 31 of 33 games this year and was averaging nearly 20 minutes per game. That said, he only had four points and was minus-11, and is still just 22 years old — so perhaps some grooming at the AHL level is in order.
McNabb has only seen action in five games for the Sabres this season while Adam has played in nine, scoring one goal. Both have fared very well for the Amerks this season, though, as McNabb has 15 points in 16 games while Adam has 18 in 15.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)