Dec 17, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
Will veteran winger Lee Stempniak be a healthy scratch for the Calgary Flames tonight in Boston?
The answer this morning appeared to be yes. And even if he finds a way into the lineup versus the Bruins, he certainly seems to have run afoul of head coach Bob Hartley.
Per Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun, here’s what Hartley had to say when asked about Stempniak:
“It’s the same rule for everyone. We’ve said it all along that, while it is a rebuild, it’s important for us to set a very clear message on the culture that we want to instil over here. It’s all about hard work, and it goes to everyone. I think that I’ve been real clear with everyone on the team — whether you’re a rookie, whether you’re a call-up, whether you’re a veteran, the entitlement is over in Calgary. You need to prove yourself on a day-to-day basis, and I believe that’s how we’re going to fast-forward our rebuild.”
Stempniak (6G, 7A) was a minus-3 in Sunday’s 4-3 shootout loss at MSG. The 30-year-old has been held pointless in his last four games.
He’s also a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $2.5 million.
But is he big and truculent?
He is not often described that way, no.
Related: Burke sends Baertschi to AHL
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 24
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 28
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)