Dec 17, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has set a specific date for which he would like to return before.
Clowe is currently out of the Devils’ lineup with a concussion, which has caused him to miss the last 28 games. He’s played only six times this season for his new team, with one assist.
However, he has been skating for almost an entire month and is hoping to make his return to game action in one of the four games remaining until the league takes its break for Christmas.
“Did a little bit of contact, didn’t get hit hard or anything, but a little bit of bumping,” said Clowe, as per the blog Fire & Ice with northjersey.com.
“That was first, obviously. I’ve done since I played a game. We have four games before Christmas, so if I can get back, I’m not sure, for one or two of those games or maybe at some point before Christmas, it would be nice.”
Clowe signed with the Devils this summer on the first official day of free agency, inking a five-year deal worth $4.85 million per season.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)