Dec 17, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has set a specific date for which he would like to return before.
Clowe is currently out of the Devils’ lineup with a concussion, which has caused him to miss the last 28 games. He’s played only six times this season for his new team, with one assist.
However, he has been skating for almost an entire month and is hoping to make his return to game action in one of the four games remaining until the league takes its break for Christmas.
“Did a little bit of contact, didn’t get hit hard or anything, but a little bit of bumping,” said Clowe, as per the blog Fire & Ice with northjersey.com.
“That was first, obviously. I’ve done since I played a game. We have four games before Christmas, so if I can get back, I’m not sure, for one or two of those games or maybe at some point before Christmas, it would be nice.”
Clowe signed with the Devils this summer on the first official day of free agency, inking a five-year deal worth $4.85 million per season.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55