Dec 17, 2013, 2:00 AM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has set a specific date for which he would like to return before.
Clowe is currently out of the Devils’ lineup with a concussion, which has caused him to miss the last 28 games. He’s played only six times this season for his new team, with one assist.
However, he has been skating for almost an entire month and is hoping to make his return to game action in one of the four games remaining until the league takes its break for Christmas.
“Did a little bit of contact, didn’t get hit hard or anything, but a little bit of bumping,” said Clowe, as per the blog Fire & Ice with northjersey.com.
“That was first, obviously. I’ve done since I played a game. We have four games before Christmas, so if I can get back, I’m not sure, for one or two of those games or maybe at some point before Christmas, it would be nice.”
Clowe signed with the Devils this summer on the first official day of free agency, inking a five-year deal worth $4.85 million per season.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 19
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5