Dec 16, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
It took a while, but Morgan Rielly finally found the back of the net.
Rielly, who was goalless through 25 games this year, got his first-ever NHL marker against Pittsburgh on Monday, with a nice wrister that eluded Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury to even the score at one:
More of a playmaker than goalscorer in junior — Rielly had 12 goals for WHL Moose Jaw last year, but finished fifth among all blueliners with 54 points — the Leafs’ rookie has done well in the helpers department this season.
He currently sits fourth among all Toronto defensemen with nine assists — one behind captain Dion Phaneuf and fellow rearguard Jake Gardiner — and is tied for fourth among all NHL rookie defensemen, one back of leader Torey Krug (with 10).
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)