Dec 16, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
Troy Bodie had a pair of eventful shifts, despite just over a combined two minutes of ice time through two periods Monday.
The Toronto Maple Leafs winger dropped the gloves not once, but twice against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He first fought Robert Bortuzzo late in the opening period, then squared off with Zach Sill midway through the second.
His fight with Bortuzzo came after Bodie delivered a hard but what appeared to be a clean hit on the Penguins’ defenseman in the corner.
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiation’s’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)