Dec 16, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
Bernier came out of his crease as Megna chased down a loose puck in the Toronto zone early in the third period of the Penguins’ 3-1 victory. The two collided at the top of the faceoff circle.
Megna went hard into the boards and was slow to get up. He made it back to the bench, hobbling on the way, and did not return to the game.
As per the Penguins’ Twitter account, Megna suffered a lower-body injury and is “unlikely” to play Wednesday against the New York Rangers.
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 2
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 18
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 30
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)