Dec 16, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
Bernier came out of his crease as Megna chased down a loose puck in the Toronto zone early in the third period of the Penguins’ 3-1 victory. The two collided at the top of the faceoff circle.
Megna went hard into the boards and was slow to get up. He made it back to the bench, hobbling on the way, and did not return to the game.
As per the Penguins’ Twitter account, Megna suffered a lower-body injury and is “unlikely” to play Wednesday against the New York Rangers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5