Dec 16, 2013, 11:21 PM EST
Bernier came out of his crease as Megna chased down a loose puck in the Toronto zone early in the third period of the Penguins’ 3-1 victory. The two collided at the top of the faceoff circle.
Megna went hard into the boards and was slow to get up. He made it back to the bench, hobbling on the way, and did not return to the game.
As per the Penguins’ Twitter account, Megna suffered a lower-body injury and is “unlikely” to play Wednesday against the New York Rangers.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)