Dec 16, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
Bernier came out of his crease as Megna chased down a loose puck in the Toronto zone early in the third period of the Penguins’ 3-1 victory. The two collided at the top of the faceoff circle.
Megna went hard into the boards and was slow to get up. He made it back to the bench, hobbling on the way, and did not return to the game.
As per the Penguins’ Twitter account, Megna suffered a lower-body injury and is “unlikely” to play Wednesday against the New York Rangers.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24