Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will be without tough guy Cody McCormick for the next few weeks.
McCormick suffered an upper-body injury blocking a shot Saturday and is now out of the lineup four-to-six weeks, according to the Buffalo News.
The 30-year-old center had played only three shifts in the Sabres’ overtime loss against the Calgary Flames, leaving the game in the second period, as per NHL.com.
This season, McCormick has one goal, five points and 43 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Sabres.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (60)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)