Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will be without tough guy Cody McCormick for the next few weeks.
McCormick suffered an upper-body injury blocking a shot Saturday and is now out of the lineup four-to-six weeks, according to the Buffalo News.
The 30-year-old center had played only three shifts in the Sabres’ overtime loss against the Calgary Flames, leaving the game in the second period, as per NHL.com.
This season, McCormick has one goal, five points and 43 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Sabres.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)