Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will be without tough guy Cody McCormick for the next few weeks.
McCormick suffered an upper-body injury blocking a shot Saturday and is now out of the lineup four-to-six weeks, according to the Buffalo News.
The 30-year-old center had played only three shifts in the Sabres’ overtime loss against the Calgary Flames, leaving the game in the second period, as per NHL.com.
This season, McCormick has one goal, five points and 43 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Sabres.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)