Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will be without tough guy Cody McCormick for the next few weeks.
McCormick suffered an upper-body injury blocking a shot Saturday and is now out of the lineup four-to-six weeks, according to the Buffalo News.
The 30-year-old center had played only three shifts in the Sabres’ overtime loss against the Calgary Flames, leaving the game in the second period, as per NHL.com.
This season, McCormick has one goal, five points and 43 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Sabres.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)