Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will be without tough guy Cody McCormick for the next few weeks.
McCormick suffered an upper-body injury blocking a shot Saturday and is now out of the lineup four-to-six weeks, according to the Buffalo News.
The 30-year-old center had played only three shifts in the Sabres’ overtime loss against the Calgary Flames, leaving the game in the second period, as per NHL.com.
This season, McCormick has one goal, five points and 43 penalty minutes in 25 games with the Sabres.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)