Dec 16, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
From the Canadian Press:
Montreal Canadiens tough guy George Parros has sustained his second fighting-related concussion of the season.
Parros was stunned by a pair of late punches in a fight with Eric Boulton in Montreal’s 1-0 overtime road win over the New York Islanders on Saturday. Parros was wobbly getting to his feet, but skated off the ice on his own power.
Yesterday, Parros told veteran hockey reporter Michael Farber that he was free of concussion symptoms. But the 33-year-old didn’t play versus the Panthers and will apparently be evaluated this week.
Parros, of course, was taken off a stretcher in the Habs’ season-opener after being injured in a fight with Toronto’s Colton Orr. Though in that case, it was more of a freak accident, with Parros falling and landing face-first on the ice.
Here’s how Parros got hurt versus the Isles:
With all the attention on concussions and the increasing understanding of their long-term effects, you have to wonder what the future holds for Parros’ hockey career. He’s only played nine games this season, registering no points while averaging just 3:56 of ice time. He’s also a pending unrestricted free agent.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 20
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 19
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)