Dec 16, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:31 p.m. ET… The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has since reviewed the hit and confirmed Potter will have a hearing this afternoon.
Here’s the incident in question. The hit occurred early in the second period, netting Potter a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct:
(Should be noted that, given the Oilers don’t play again until Tuesday, the possibility still remains for a hearing to be set.)
This is the second controversial hit Potter’s been involved with in recent days. On Wednesday, the Edmonton defenseman was drilled into the boards by Carolina’s Riley Nash, who was given five and a game himself. Nash wasn’t subjected to supplemental discipline from the NHL.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5