Dec 16, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
UPDATE 1:31 p.m. ET… The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has since reviewed the hit and confirmed Potter will have a hearing this afternoon.
Here’s the incident in question. The hit occurred early in the second period, netting Potter a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct:
(Should be noted that, given the Oilers don’t play again until Tuesday, the possibility still remains for a hearing to be set.)
This is the second controversial hit Potter’s been involved with in recent days. On Wednesday, the Edmonton defenseman was drilled into the boards by Carolina’s Riley Nash, who was given five and a game himself. Nash wasn’t subjected to supplemental discipline from the NHL.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 0
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21