Dec 16, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:31 p.m. ET… The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has since reviewed the hit and confirmed Potter will have a hearing this afternoon.
Here’s the incident in question. The hit occurred early in the second period, netting Potter a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct:
(Should be noted that, given the Oilers don’t play again until Tuesday, the possibility still remains for a hearing to be set.)
This is the second controversial hit Potter’s been involved with in recent days. On Wednesday, the Edmonton defenseman was drilled into the boards by Carolina’s Riley Nash, who was given five and a game himself. Nash wasn’t subjected to supplemental discipline from the NHL.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2