Dec 16, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
It seems Max Pacioretty‘s signature goal celebration is drawing more ire.
Just a few weeks after Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle took issue with Pacioretty dangling his stick like a sword after scoring against the Leafs, Montreal Gazette columnist Jack Todd critiqued the move as well.
Todd listed Pacioretty as one of the ‘zeroes’ in the ‘Heroes and Zeroes’ part of his most recent column, then took to Twitter to further explain his stance:
Also mentioned Pacioretty’s sword trick in the zeros. When team is going bad, a choreographed, hot-dog goal celebration is just so wrong.
— Jack Todd (@jacktodd46) December 16, 2013
Todd’s remarks came in the wake of Pacioretty’s latest sword routine — after he scored the game-winning OT goal in Sunday’s 1-0 win over the Islanders:
As mentioned above, he pulled a near-identical move on Nov. 30 against the Leafs after scoring his second goal of the game.
“The goal stirred our emotions a bit,” said Carlyle. “If they want to hot dog, spin the sword, those kind of things… That was what stirred the pot.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (68)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)