Dec 16, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
It seems Max Pacioretty‘s signature goal celebration is drawing more ire.
Just a few weeks after Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle took issue with Pacioretty dangling his stick like a sword after scoring against the Leafs, Montreal Gazette columnist Jack Todd critiqued the move as well.
Todd listed Pacioretty as one of the ‘zeroes’ in the ‘Heroes and Zeroes’ part of his most recent column, then took to Twitter to further explain his stance:
Also mentioned Pacioretty’s sword trick in the zeros. When team is going bad, a choreographed, hot-dog goal celebration is just so wrong.
— Jack Todd (@jacktodd46) December 16, 2013
Todd’s remarks came in the wake of Pacioretty’s latest sword routine — after he scored the game-winning OT goal in Sunday’s 1-0 win over the Islanders:
As mentioned above, he pulled a near-identical move on Nov. 30 against the Leafs after scoring his second goal of the game.
“The goal stirred our emotions a bit,” said Carlyle. “If they want to hot dog, spin the sword, those kind of things… That was what stirred the pot.”
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (151)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)