Dec 16, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
It seems Max Pacioretty‘s signature goal celebration is drawing more ire.
Just a few weeks after Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle took issue with Pacioretty dangling his stick like a sword after scoring against the Leafs, Montreal Gazette columnist Jack Todd critiqued the move as well.
Todd listed Pacioretty as one of the ‘zeroes’ in the ‘Heroes and Zeroes’ part of his most recent column, then took to Twitter to further explain his stance:
Also mentioned Pacioretty’s sword trick in the zeros. When team is going bad, a choreographed, hot-dog goal celebration is just so wrong.
— Jack Todd (@jacktodd46) December 16, 2013
Todd’s remarks came in the wake of Pacioretty’s latest sword routine – after he scored the game-winning OT goal in Sunday’s 1-0 win over the Islanders:
As mentioned above, he pulled a near-identical move on Nov. 30 against the Leafs after scoring his second goal of the game.
“The goal stirred our emotions a bit,” said Carlyle. “If they want to hot dog, spin the sword, those kind of things… That was what stirred the pot.”
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)